Monday, April 14, 2014

Unity Project Update Starbound Aces

Well, it seems yet again I was able to get done what I set out to do. This being the integration of the new combat system an the network. I have had some issues along the way; however, they all systems work out pretty well if I may say so myself.

The biggest issue now is the network latency. As it stands, the current combat system sends projectile spawning data to the server and the server sends that data back to the clients (all of them). This results in projectiles spawning in old positions due to the latency. The ship just moves to fast, which - as a gameplay feature - we want. So, I plan on letting the client decide where the projectile spawns in the next update, but still have the server dictate the rest of the properties. Not ideal in my mind, but good enough for a school project.

Tomorrow, I plan on implementing this new feature and getting a video up for everyone to view. If anybody wants to be in the video, and join in a multiplayer 'game' - feel free to comment below with some form of contact information. (G+ account should be good enough though - I will message you).

No comments:

Post a Comment