Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday Dataday

I dreamt of data today. Sad, I know. But that is my life. However, it gives me great ideas.

What are these wonderful ideas? Well, several, all part of my Senior Project. These ideas are a website and a phone app.

The website idea is something in its infancy. And I know that it is beyond the scope of our project, but if we can get a game running, imagine what we can do. What does this have to do with data? Everything. Our game will store data on a database (duh) but that database is not specialized to our game, not tied to the API, it is independent. That will be useful. By using the popular MVC design pattern I could create a website for the players. What would this website have? Well, to keep in scope and with my own abilities, it would have a registration page, login page, and a rankings page. That would be pretty neat. By using technologies such as ASP.NET, JSP, AJAX, or other client-server web application technologies, this could be done with ease. It would be a totally independent environment, but connected for a full experience.

Secondly, a phone app has been on my mind. A phone app for Starbound Aces. "You mean another Unity game ported to the phone?" You may ask. No, is what I say. It would be similar to the web page, except you can't register through it. You can keep tabs on your rankings.

Indeed, these are the ideas that come to mind of what can be done with the game and a dedicated database. So much potential, so little time. First thing is first though, time to put up the database.

Let phase two of three begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment