Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Weekday Update w/ Video

I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day and weekend - I sure did. Now onto business, the state of the game.

Starbound Aces is coming along very nicely. Since my last video update I have introduced a lot of new features and changes since my last update. I will compare as they are seen in this video:

This video shows everything from a week ago. Over that time I have made a lot of changes. Many of them are simple optimizations and bug fixes. However, there are a few that are noticeable in the game. These changes are:

-Inserted a new game menu option: Ship configuration
-Changed the engine effect to a trail renderer
-Changed the tracking system of the seeker missile.
-Tweaked some variables

Here are the changes that the other programmer, David Tiscerano, incorporated:
-Cooldown system for manuevers
-HUD Display of cooldown

Many of the other busy work has been behind the scenes tweaks and optimization. Until next time - Enjoy game programming!

No comments:

Post a Comment