Monday, March 17, 2014

Side Project on the Way

So a couple of weeks ago I decided on creating a new project that would become a game.

I realize that going solo on making an actual game engine (more than rendering, physics, and collision detection) takes an enormous amount of time and effort. I would love to continue with building a game engine, but it is something I would need to be able to afford-ably work on full time.

So, back to the project. I plan on using a game engine that I already have a license for (from working with a previous developer). That game engine in Game Maker: Studio Pro. I have worked extensively in this engine and am familiar with the scripting language so I hope to produce a project rapidly.

However, I need artists, both for sound and art. This would be my limiting factor as of right now. To see a glimpse of the project, here are a few screen captures of the project with 'programmer art':





What are you seeing? Hopefully just blocks of colored squares, or I question your sanity. But, only time will tell.

If you want to see an earlier unfinished project, there is a link to the Game Maker: Studio Steam Workshop Community:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=235864463

No comments:

Post a Comment