Thursday, March 13, 2014

As Promised: Senior Project Discussion

Alright, so this weeks mark the second week into a 16 week project for my Senior year at DeVry. Soon, I will be graduating in June and I think I would like to share the project that we are working on with the rest of the world. So, here it is.

As far as we know right now (since we are in the midst of making a Game Design Document) the game that we plan on producing has a few features. These features would be some form of space combat and multi-player. The genre will most likely fall into some form of a 3rd person action game or first person shooter style.

What we know as facts is that we plan on using the Unity4 game engine for our client side application and SmartFoxServerX2 as our server side technology. This is all in regards to software.

On the hardware side of things I plan on using Amazon's elastic services for setting up a server. I have done it before during my brief time at EverFire and plan on doing it again - solo this round.

Oh, and for those who are technically inclined, the entire project is open on GitHub, so feel free to poke around!

https://github.com/hollsteinm/GSPSeniorProject

Brief, but sweet. Questions about this project are greatly appreciated, so feel free to ask in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment