Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Week 6: Final Development

Well, a new week has rolled in and a lot remains undone. The group is entering the final stages of production and there is not much left to do on my end. Some new changes that I created was an animation state machine for our playable character. Now the character has three states:

1)Idle
2)Jumping
3)Walking

There was a non-working fourth implemented but time has run out and it was not included. This state was climbing. The code kept conflicting with the actual animations and the Render updater so it had to be removed.

What does the animation state machine do?
Essentially it keeps track of what the player is doing, standing, walking, or jumping. Based on those actions the system renders the proper sprite or animation to translate to the player what the character is doing.

On top of that I included animations for the character taking damage from an enemy. As we have to enemies I cannot test it without cheat codes; however, I am confident it works as all it does is draw a damage sprite over the character if his health is reduced in any way.

All in all, it was a fun project and the coding taught me a lot about game engine architecture. All I have left is collecting art assets - Sounds and Textures.

No comments:

Post a Comment