Saturday, June 29, 2013

Engine Design: The Name Game

Alright, so in an earlier post I stated that I was going to start building a 3D game engine from scratch in C++ using DirectX 10. I also said that I was going to name it "Kraken". That beast has already been born as a game engine (http://kearwood.com/projects/kraken) which uses the same name. So that is out.
Now I need to wrack my brain for ideas on names. Always one for symbolism - I am trying to come up with a meaningful name for my engine. The engine is designed using these simple concepts:

The game objects will be entities which contain components.
The engine will use a simple messaging system to pass data between components.

These concepts will form the core of my engines philosophy of design and how it will be engineered.

But first... a name.

No comments:

Post a Comment