Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Whole New World

Alas, I must admit defeat...

No, I must not,

Aye, I must...

That has been my thought process for the past month as new issues kept arising in my current game engine using the component-entity model. And alas, after realizing I was over-engineering, I admitted defeat.

But I had a secret weapon, and that was re-engineering my existing code to reflect a traditional OOP design architecture.

I know, not as intuitive, but I must digress, I need something to SHOW other than just a cube. And so far it has been successful. What I mean by this is that I have complete integrating a Shader class that is derived from and create any shader. I have a render-able Prop with colliders. And now I am fine tuning the collision system to implement Rigidbody Physics.

Within the month I will have a demo video showing as I still have to work on my projects with EverFire Studios, Inc.

Wish me luck and I promise I will have something to show you and a thorough technical post in regards to it.

And as always, enjoy game programming!

No comments:

Post a Comment